June 16th, 2020
With Oakland and San Jose’s re-opening plans making progress each day, grüv will be making pricing adjustments to better serve it’s riders in the current micromobility environment.
- grüv Passes will now be available for daily ($12), weekly ($40) & monthly ($75) all-you-can-ride options. First Responders, Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, and Grocery Store Employees will continue to ride free with grüv. To qualify simply submit a photo of your badge or work ID.
- For grüv rider’s without grüv Pass, the cost per minute will be moving from $0.24 up to to $0.29 per minute starting today.
March 18th, 2020
To our grüvy riders,
As many of you already know, the Department of Public Health issued a ‘Shelter in Place’ order that requires all residents to limit their movements to only Essential Activities. Part of that involves limiting travel of any kind for only essential purposes as defined by the order. While grüv is not public transit, we feel that our scooters (and shared micromobility in general) have become a vital component of the overall transportation network in the cities we serve.
Bolstered by supportive communication from the DOTs of both San Jose and Oakland, we believe that our scooters are an Essential Business and we will continue to serve our riders for as long as possible amid rapidly changing circumstances. We understand that many people have come to depend on scooters as a primary mode of transportation and we believe it is our responsibility to try to provide uninterrupted service in the event someone does in fact need to make an Essential Trip.
What This Means For Riders:
- To assist our riders in this challenging time, we are offering free one-time $10 credit to all riders – use promo code SHELTER10 to claim yours.
- Please take measures to protect yourself when riding and going out in public – follow all recommendations from the CDC and Department of Health.
- We will continue to implement the increased safety and cleaning measures we announced last week.
Reliable transportation is critical during these times, and scooters provide a way to move about while maintaining social distancing and reducing the risk of viral transmission.
ATTENTION: First Responders, Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, and Grocery Store Employees.
In addition, as a gesture of gratitude to those that put their lives on the line for all of us on a daily basis, we are offering FREE use of our scooters for the duration of the Shelter in Place order to the following people – First responders, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and grocery store employees.
FOR NEW RIDERS: To qualify simply submit a photo of your badge or work ID instead of your Driver’s License during the account signup and we will unlock free rides.
FOR EXISTING RIDERS: To qualify please use our in app chat support. A grüv support agent will request photo documentation of your work ID or badge and confirm your account for free usage during this “Shelter in Place.”
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or by text/phone at 877-253-8787.
Keep calm and grüv on…